If you live in an area with hard water with high iron levels and are on a private well, then SpringWell Well Water Filter is what you might have been looking for. If you have tried your hands on different water filters and softeners and your experience so far is not worth it, this might be a good option for you.
The SpringWell Well Water Filter System has improved my drinking and cooking water with its powerful filtering and softening system. It has also stopped the frequent itching my daughter usually experiences after bathing with the well water we use in my vicinity.
The water equipment works effectively with the help of its numerous features and tools: polypropylene tanks, a Bluetooth control head that makes it easy for you to use the product, single-tank oxidation, and softening resin.
With the ion exchange method the equipment comes with, which neutralizes hard iron and minerals in the water, you are assured of removing limescale and existing scale from your water pipes and fixtures.
In this article, you will see how the SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener have improved my water even though I live in an area filled with hard well water.
- The Experience I Had With Hard Well Water Before I Got the SpringWell Well Water Filter System
- Reasons I Chose the SpringWell Well Water Filter System For My House
- Features of the Well Water Filter System
- The Performance of SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt-Based Water Softener Performed
- What I Like About SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt-Based Water Softener
- What I Dislike About SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt-Based Softener
- In Summary
The Experience I Had With Hard Well Water Before I Got the SpringWell Well Water Filter System
Mornings and evenings in my house used to be stressful and hectic for my wife and me. My daughter complains of body itching each time she steps out of her bathroom after taking her bath.
The itching usually stops or will not occur when she doesn’t wipe her body completely dry after bathing, when she doesn’t dry her body, or when she uses treated water to bathe.
Recently, we discovered that the itching is caused by the well water we use for bathing. I’ve tried my hands on different water filters and softeners to salvage the situation and save my daughter from itching, but none of them has been able to give me the desired result.
After installing various types of water softeners over my career, I’ve always liked the SpringWell systems I’ve installed for city water households, so I figured I would do the whole house with the SpringWell for well water system as I was already familiar with the installation and the positive feedback my clients have with them.
A few days into using the SpringWell Well Water Filter System, my daughter stopped complaining of itching, and I also noticed some improvements in the taste of food we cook with the water and how it feels on the skin when used for bathing.
Reasons I Chose the SpringWell Well Water Filter System For My House
The SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener combine the features of a well water filter system and a well water softener in one piece of equipment.
Combining the well water filter that uses greensand filter media with air injection and a water softener that removes magnesium and calcium with the ion exchange technique gave me a piece of powerful water equipment that can clear almost every iron contamination – up to 10 mg/L (milligrams per liter), and soften the water as well.
In addition to my colleague’s recommendations, I decided to buy the Well Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener because of the superb performance and features.
Features of the Well Water Filter System
The SpringWell Well Water Filter System utilizes a specific tank with an oxidative fluid for oxidation. The medium in this tank was fitted by default from the manufacturer and prepared to be connected to my water supply.
Polypropylene Tanks (For Brine and Resin)
High-quality, approved polypropylene tanks provide the SpringWell Well Water Softener with a long lifespan. I use two certified tanks: one houses the softening resin, and the other houses the salt (brine).
A setup kit with all the necessary parts is packaged with the main tank and control head. The equipment comes with a setup package that contains the electronic head, a 50-inch drain line, a salt tank, a hose clamp, and a bypass valve for easy installation.
My water pipes have a high capacity, so I bought extra adaptors to add to the connections/fittings that the manufacturer provided. The SpringWell mobile app also has videos and instructions that helped me properly install the equipment.
Bluetooth Controlled Head
The sophisticated Bluetooth control head installed on the SpringWell Well Water Filter System and Salt Based Water Softener allows me to check the status of the equipment and pre-planned regenerations.
I connected the Bluetooth head to my phone, so I could wirelessly control the equipment, and I also manually configured the flushing and air draw timings with the help of the Bluetooth control head.
SpringWell has a mobile app that I downloaded into my home’s iPhone from the Apple store, so my wife or daughter can use it to control the equipment when I’m not around or when they don’t want to use the Bluetooth control head.
A package of softening resin that usually lasts for at least eight years also came with the box when I bought it. These resin pellets are loaded by default into the system, saving me the stress of loading them myself after purchase.
Limited Lifelong Warranties
Another feature that encouraged me to purchase the SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Softener is its limited lifetime warranty. I’m allowed to return the equipment after six months if unsatisfied. If you don’t like the product or received a faulty one after purchase, you can return it or get a free replacement.
The Performance of SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt-Based Water Softener Performed
The SpringWell Well Water Filter system tops the chart in water filters that can comprehensively eliminate iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese. The SpringWell filter is slightly more effective than the typical well water filter, which can only remove about 5 mg/L (milligrams per liter) of iron. SpringWell clears about 7 mg/L.
The SpringWell Well Water Filter System and Salt Based Water Softener is made of rugged, lasting polypropylene and encased in a rubber cover for durability. The polypropylene tank keeps the cold and humidity out, causing the tank not to overheat or freeze while maintaining the whole operation in all temperatures.
The high-quality ion-exchange softeners dissolve the chemical contaminants in the water and filter them, giving me portable water. The filtering and softening system only regenerates when essential, reducing salt and water loss to lengthen each cycle.
To purify well water, the SpringWell Well Water Filter utilizes an air oxidation medium, a well-known, tested method that often produces an exceptional quality outcome. The oxidation process naturally involves backwashing. The Empress Vortech Tank is used by SpringWell Well Water Filter to swiftly and thoroughly clean the medium.
The SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener’s flow rate ranges from 11 to 13 GPM (gallons per minute). In context, the flow rate of a typical water softener ranges from 7 to 10 GPM, which could decrease water pressure in homes with several water-based appliances operating simultaneously.
The equipment’s ingenious design effectively removes hard minerals from my water. Since using it, I’ve also noticed a decrease in limescale on my water pipes. The salt-based water softener helps me to monitor the concentration of the ion exchange resin.
With SpringWell Well Water Filter System and Salt Based Water Softener, I’m no longer caught unawares when bathing while the laundry machine runs or flushing the toilet while the dishwasher is in use.
It distributes water to my home with the required water force of 25 PSI (pounds per square inch). I no longer have to wait a long time to fill a glass with water, and the water pressure in my shower did not change when I began to use it.
What I Like About SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt-Based Water Softener
- It removes iron stains and sulfur’s foul-smelling odor from my water, enhancing my drinking water flavor.
- It is made for a do-it-yourself setup. I installed the equipment myself using a bypass valve and the setup instructions from the mobile app.
- A combination of manganese (1 mg/L), ferric and ferrous iron (7 mg/L), and hydrogen sulfide (8 mg/L) are filtered by air injection oxidization and greensand filtration.
- SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Softener softens hard water from well effectively.
- Greensand detects and removes radium and arsenic if present.
- The innovative regeneration feature helps me to minimize salt and water costs.
- The digitally controlled head unit automatically controls the equipment for me. The control head comes with Bluetooth connectivity and can be programmed using the SpringWell mobile app.
- I flush the filtering and softening systems with just water and not strong chemicals.
- My SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Softener water equipment do not require much upkeep. The greensand bed can stay up to 18 to 25 years.
- The manufacturer guarantees a complete refund if the buyer is dissatisfied with the product’s quality within the first six months.
- I knew the capacity to buy by sizing the number of bathrooms and water-based appliances in my house.
What I Dislike About SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt-Based Softener
- My feed water pressure was higher than 80 PSI (pounds per square inch) when I bought the SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Softener, and the product didn’t work. I reduced it before I got the desired result.
- The equipment is quite costly.
- It might be necessary to hire a skilled water equipment installation specialist to install the SpringWell well water filter and salt-based softener for you if you don’t have the skills to do it yourself.
- The equipment comes with plastic fittings. I prefer metal fittings on my water equipment to plastic ones.
Looking at it clearly, the SpringWell Well Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener is a piece of water equipment that combines the capabilities of a water filter and softening system in one tool for the whole house and still ticks all boxes.
Since my work colleague recommended that I start using it, the quality of water I use in my home improved and my family’s quality of life. My mindset about the capabilities of water filters and softeners has also changed.